Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

JuanVR10
Frequent Visitor

Union two tables with different columns and sum the same register

Hi guys,

I have the following problem. I have two tables (Table1, Table 2) with this structure:

2019-06-17_15-08-33.jpg

Table 1 have these fields: (Material, Desripción, Sales and Stock)

Table 2 have these fields: (Material, Descripción, Sales, Store and TT)

As you can see both aren´t identical table. So i need to join the two in a new table, but i have to include both materials in both tables and sum the Sales when the material is the same. For those columns when doesn´t exists in the other table, simply put null.

I´m trying to do it with Merge, but put the Material in different columns.

Could u help me please?

Thanks!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI, @JuanVR10 

You could try these two ways as below:

1. use DAX to create a calculate table by this formula:

Dax table = VAR _UNIONTABLE=UNION(SELECTCOLUMNS(Table1,"Material",[Material],"Descripcion",[Descripcion],"Sales",[Sales],"Store",BLANK(),"Stock",[Stock],"TT",BLANK()),
SELECTCOLUMNS(Table2,"Material",[Material],"Descripcion",[Descripcion],"Sales",[Sales],"Store",[Store],"Stock",BLANK(),"TT",[TT])) RETURN
GROUPBY(_UNIONTABLE,[Material],[Descripcion],"Sales",SUMX(CURRENTGROUP(),[Sales]),"Store",MAXX(CURRENTGROUP(),[Store]),"Stock",SUMX(CURRENTGROUP(),[Stock]),"TT",SUMX(CURRENTGROUP(),[TT]))

Result:

1.JPG

2. In Edit Queries, Use Append function and group by function to create a new table

Result:

2.JPG

here is pbix file, please try it.

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Zubair_Muhammad
Community Champion
Community Champion

@JuanVR10 

Seems you are doing a merge query when you ought to be doing an Append

appendq.png

Regards
Zubair

Please try my custom visuals
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI, @JuanVR10 

You could try these two ways as below:

1. use DAX to create a calculate table by this formula:

Dax table = VAR _UNIONTABLE=UNION(SELECTCOLUMNS(Table1,"Material",[Material],"Descripcion",[Descripcion],"Sales",[Sales],"Store",BLANK(),"Stock",[Stock],"TT",BLANK()),
SELECTCOLUMNS(Table2,"Material",[Material],"Descripcion",[Descripcion],"Sales",[Sales],"Store",[Store],"Stock",BLANK(),"TT",[TT])) RETURN
GROUPBY(_UNIONTABLE,[Material],[Descripcion],"Sales",SUMX(CURRENTGROUP(),[Sales]),"Store",MAXX(CURRENTGROUP(),[Store]),"Stock",SUMX(CURRENTGROUP(),[Stock]),"TT",SUMX(CURRENTGROUP(),[TT]))

Result:

1.JPG

2. In Edit Queries, Use Append function and group by function to create a new table

Result:

2.JPG

here is pbix file, please try it.

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks a lot my friend

It works perfectly

Best Regards

Juan

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.