Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JuanVR10
Frequent Visitor

Union two tables with different columns and sum the same register

Hi guys,

I have the following problem. I have two tables (Table1, Table 2) with this structure:

2019-06-17_15-08-33.jpg

Table 1 have these fields: (Material, Desripción, Sales and Stock)

Table 2 have these fields: (Material, Descripción, Sales, Store and TT)

As you can see both aren´t identical table. So i need to join the two in a new table, but i have to include both materials in both tables and sum the Sales when the material is the same. For those columns when doesn´t exists in the other table, simply put null.

I´m trying to do it with Merge, but put the Material in different columns.

Could u help me please?

Thanks!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI, @JuanVR10 

You could try these two ways as below:

1. use DAX to create a calculate table by this formula:

Dax table = VAR _UNIONTABLE=UNION(SELECTCOLUMNS(Table1,"Material",[Material],"Descripcion",[Descripcion],"Sales",[Sales],"Store",BLANK(),"Stock",[Stock],"TT",BLANK()),
SELECTCOLUMNS(Table2,"Material",[Material],"Descripcion",[Descripcion],"Sales",[Sales],"Store",[Store],"Stock",BLANK(),"TT",[TT])) RETURN
GROUPBY(_UNIONTABLE,[Material],[Descripcion],"Sales",SUMX(CURRENTGROUP(),[Sales]),"Store",MAXX(CURRENTGROUP(),[Store]),"Stock",SUMX(CURRENTGROUP(),[Stock]),"TT",SUMX(CURRENTGROUP(),[TT]))

Result:

1.JPG

2. In Edit Queries, Use Append function and group by function to create a new table

Result:

2.JPG

here is pbix file, please try it.

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Zubair_Muhammad
Community Champion
Community Champion

@JuanVR10 

Seems you are doing a merge query when you ought to be doing an Append

appendq.png

Regards
Zubair

Please try my custom visuals
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI, @JuanVR10 

You could try these two ways as below:

1. use DAX to create a calculate table by this formula:

Dax table = VAR _UNIONTABLE=UNION(SELECTCOLUMNS(Table1,"Material",[Material],"Descripcion",[Descripcion],"Sales",[Sales],"Store",BLANK(),"Stock",[Stock],"TT",BLANK()),
SELECTCOLUMNS(Table2,"Material",[Material],"Descripcion",[Descripcion],"Sales",[Sales],"Store",[Store],"Stock",BLANK(),"TT",[TT])) RETURN
GROUPBY(_UNIONTABLE,[Material],[Descripcion],"Sales",SUMX(CURRENTGROUP(),[Sales]),"Store",MAXX(CURRENTGROUP(),[Store]),"Stock",SUMX(CURRENTGROUP(),[Stock]),"TT",SUMX(CURRENTGROUP(),[TT]))

Result:

1.JPG

2. In Edit Queries, Use Append function and group by function to create a new table

Result:

2.JPG

here is pbix file, please try it.

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks a lot my friend

It works perfectly

Best Regards

Juan

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.