Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

WinYit
Frequent Visitor

Try to get work hour and break hour from a single line

Hi, I have a problem that I cant find works hour and break hour in my data. I only found this line: 

FREQ=WEEKLY;INTERVAL=1;BYDAY=MO,TU,WE,TH,FR

Now I might think that this line can get the works hour and breaks hour but i dont know how to solve it. 

2. Either can or cannot, can i separate this line to Monday, Tuesday,..., Sunday?

4 REPLIES 4
sturlaws
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi, @WinYit,

you have not provided much context here, but assuming you are working in power bi desktop in import mode, you can solve this with power query.

Find the transform button:

sturlaws_0-1670449861682.pngCheers,
Sturla

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution. Kudos are nice too.

Split the sting first by semi-colon, then by comma:

sturlaws_1-1670449926906.png

Then play around with the pivot-functions to change the columns to rows

sturlaws_2-1670450098811.png

I think its cant help me. I have two questions.

1. can I get work hour and break hour from the recurrence pattern: FREQ=WEEKLY;INTERVAL=1;BYDAY=MO,TU,WE,TH,FR

2. can I get Day(Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday,Sunday) from the recurrence pattern:FREQ=WEEKLY;INTERVAL=1;BYDAY=MO,TU,WE,TH,FR

WinYit
Frequent Visitor

WinYit_0-1670468007201.png

This is the work hour and break hour that i need 

If this is the data you have:

FREQ=WEEKLY;INTERVAL=1;BYDAY=MO,TU,WE,TH,FR

you obviously cannot get work hours and break hours directly from this, as it does not contain any information about this. 

If you can assume a fixed number of hours each day, you can use the method I described, using power query, and adding a few steps to calculate the number of hours.

Look at the attached file:

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.