Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

gpauli200
Frequent Visitor

Ticket Days Aging Excluding Weekends and Holidays

I am having trouble showing the age of open tickets while exclusing weekends and holidays.

I have my fact table, a related datedim table, and a holiday table. I also have a column for "Is Work Day" = IF(OR(dCalendar[WeekDayNumber]=1,dCalendar[WeekDayNumber]=7),0,IF(ISBLANK(dCalendar[Holiday]),1,0)) in my datedim table excluding weekends and holidays.

In my fact table I have a custom column for "Days Aging" =  DATEDIFF(Oracle[Create Date EST].[Date],NOW(),DAY) for all open tickets. Currently this is displaying the day date difference with weekends and holidays included. How do I show the age of a ticket excluding weekends and holidays? I'm not sure how to tie this all together.

Thank you!

Aging INCLUDES Weekends and Holidays.PNGRelationships to Oracle FactTable.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Hi @gpauli200

One option is to add a column to your Date table that carrys a 1 for working days and a 0 for weekends and holidays.  Then simply sum that column for the rows between the start & end of your ticket (for each ticket).  This can be done either as a calculated column, measure or as a calculated table.

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@gpauli200 can you share tickets sample data in excel thru google drive or other means and I will get back to you with solution.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Hi @gpauli200

One option is to add a column to your Date table that carrys a 1 for working days and a 0 for weekends and holidays.  Then simply sum that column for the rows between the start & end of your ticket (for each ticket).  This can be done either as a calculated column, measure or as a calculated table.

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Thank you for the quick response! I currently have a column in my date table with 1 as working day, 0 as non-working day.

I think I figured out the correct formula per your tip, and I will share it below. It appears to be working correctly.

BUSINESS DAYS AGING = CALCULATE(SUM(dCalendar[IfWorkDay]),DATESBETWEEN(dCalendar[Date],Oracle[Create Date EST],NOW()))-1

(I subtracted 1 because I think it was counting the create date as an aging day.)

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gpauli200  Thank you!  Every other solution involved a Calculate function that caused a 3 to 6 minute table reload time for me. (This one does it in about 1.5 seconds!)

I did run into an issue with the '-1' making the orders completed prior to the due date show a Days Late of -1, so i added a +1 to the initial date to push it past the initial CalDate. Seems to work fine.

BUSINESS DAYS LATE = CALCULATE(SUM('CalDate'[IsWorkDay]),DATESBETWEEN('CalDate'[Date],min(OPSplanning[ReqShipDate])+1,MAX(OPSplanning[InvoiceDate])))

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.