Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gpauli200
Frequent Visitor

Ticket Days Aging Excluding Weekends and Holidays

I am having trouble showing the age of open tickets while exclusing weekends and holidays.

I have my fact table, a related datedim table, and a holiday table. I also have a column for "Is Work Day" = IF(OR(dCalendar[WeekDayNumber]=1,dCalendar[WeekDayNumber]=7),0,IF(ISBLANK(dCalendar[Holiday]),1,0)) in my datedim table excluding weekends and holidays.

In my fact table I have a custom column for "Days Aging" =  DATEDIFF(Oracle[Create Date EST].[Date],NOW(),DAY) for all open tickets. Currently this is displaying the day date difference with weekends and holidays included. How do I show the age of a ticket excluding weekends and holidays? I'm not sure how to tie this all together.

Thank you!

Aging INCLUDES Weekends and Holidays.PNGRelationships to Oracle FactTable.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Hi @gpauli200

One option is to add a column to your Date table that carrys a 1 for working days and a 0 for weekends and holidays.  Then simply sum that column for the rows between the start & end of your ticket (for each ticket).  This can be done either as a calculated column, measure or as a calculated table.

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@gpauli200 can you share tickets sample data in excel thru google drive or other means and I will get back to you with solution.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Hi @gpauli200

One option is to add a column to your Date table that carrys a 1 for working days and a 0 for weekends and holidays.  Then simply sum that column for the rows between the start & end of your ticket (for each ticket).  This can be done either as a calculated column, measure or as a calculated table.

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Thank you for the quick response! I currently have a column in my date table with 1 as working day, 0 as non-working day.

I think I figured out the correct formula per your tip, and I will share it below. It appears to be working correctly.

BUSINESS DAYS AGING = CALCULATE(SUM(dCalendar[IfWorkDay]),DATESBETWEEN(dCalendar[Date],Oracle[Create Date EST],NOW()))-1

(I subtracted 1 because I think it was counting the create date as an aging day.)

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gpauli200  Thank you!  Every other solution involved a Calculate function that caused a 3 to 6 minute table reload time for me. (This one does it in about 1.5 seconds!)

I did run into an issue with the '-1' making the orders completed prior to the due date show a Days Late of -1, so i added a +1 to the initial date to push it past the initial CalDate. Seems to work fine.

BUSINESS DAYS LATE = CALCULATE(SUM('CalDate'[IsWorkDay]),DATESBETWEEN('CalDate'[Date],min(OPSplanning[ReqShipDate])+1,MAX(OPSplanning[InvoiceDate])))

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.