cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Ironpixel
Microsoft
Microsoft

The field 'FileLeafRef.Suffix' of the record wasn't found.

Hello,

I have a number of refreshes failing due to "The field 'FileLeafRef.Suffix' of the record wasn't found."

Does anyone konw what might be going on?

 

I have tried manual refreshes within the workspace and via desktop.

Through the Query Editor I see this is failing on some Excel files on Sharepoint so I checked permissions and nothing says things have changed, and the files are still there.

 

Lineage view shows all connections are successful but the refresh is failing.

 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I actually just removed the filter and sort all together.

Your solution might have been better, but at least this way if something changes for sort and filter again then by removing them I won't have to worry about it.

 

Whats strange is these querries have been working fine for months, then the night of the 20th they all broke.  Feels like there was a release somewhere that broke it all, in SharePoint or PBI I dont' know.

 

Unfortunately the error messaging sent me down the path of permissions which was wrong.

Thanks for the post!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Good news,

MS has fixed the problem the Extension column no longer returns an error.

The PBI reports are already updated normally.

😉

hornbeam
Microsoft
Microsoft

I have noticed that is the case with Sharepoint files, the file extension is not being read correctly - for my reports i have fixed it by changing the following line in the advanced editor in M query. 

FROM - 

#"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(Source, each ([Extension] = ".xlsx") and ([Name] = <FileName>))

TO - 
#"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(Source, each [Name] = <File Name>

I actually just removed the filter and sort all together.

Your solution might have been better, but at least this way if something changes for sort and filter again then by removing them I won't have to worry about it.

 

Whats strange is these querries have been working fine for months, then the night of the 20th they all broke.  Feels like there was a release somewhere that broke it all, in SharePoint or PBI I dont' know.

 

Unfortunately the error messaging sent me down the path of permissions which was wrong.

Thanks for the post!

View solution in original post

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Ironpixel probably some column name in the excel file is changed which is used in PQ and that's why it is failing. Go thru each Power Query step and check at which steps it fails and debug from there.






Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution.

Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.





Hi @parry2k 

"Through the Query Editor I see this is failing on some Excel files on Sharepoint so I checked permissions and nothing says things have changed, and the files are still there."

 

Some of the excel files have additional lines of data, some of the files haven't changed at all.

 

This seems to be happening at loading of the excel file and my permissions haven't changed.

This is happening on multiple excel files across mulitple Power BI files.

 

_Still looking.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!