Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ekent
Frequent Visitor

Text Spacing changes when publishing

Trying to publish a guide page with some transparent shapes "highlighting" certain words by just floating behind the text box. When publishing, not only does the text box itself change position and size by a few pixels in all directions (which in itself is infuriating), but even when manually corrected on the published dashboard, the highlighted shapes are all still in the exact same position, but the spacing of the words in the text box has placed all the words below where they should be. This is more aesthetically displeasing than functionally, but I want to understand why on Earth this is happening and if there is a way to fix it, as it seems to be just such an easy ask that Power BI refuses to handle in a funtional, sensible way.

This is the desktop version, looking how I want it with the correct words and shapes all aligned:

ekent_0-1713371121603.png

And here is the version on the latest version of Chrome when I publish, same position and size and padding, but the line spacing has clearly cause the words I am trying ot highlight to shift off where they were on the desktop version. (I know this is the case because the "highlights" are the same size/position down to the pixel.) What is happening ????

ekent_1-1713371421795.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-xuxinyi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ekent 

Can you tell me what visualization you are using, please? I wasn't able to find a visualization similar to yours, so I can't test it. If it's a custom visual, you can ask for more specialized help in the location shown below. Each custom visual has a corresponding support link, as an example:

vxuxinyimsft_0-1713421299507.png

If you still have questions, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards,
Yulia Xu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

The visual I am using is simply a text box and a rectangle shape with a 50% transparency. All built-in assets that come with Power BI, nothing 3rd party or custom. So to the user, it appears as one text box with some words highlighted, it is several rectangle colored shapes behind a text box.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.