Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Wonter
Frequent Visitor

Table with DateTable and measure that returns 1 for the last 7 days selected only

Hi all,

I'm new to DAX and I can't workout a question I have, but it sounds so simple. I'm looking for a measure that returns a 1 for the last 7 days of the days I selected with my slicer (settings between). I have a DateTable with Dates for every day between 01/01/2019 and today (05/01/2024). If I select for example as an End Date for my Slicer 10/12/2023, I would like to have the following output using a Table with DateTable[Date]  as an field and the measure as a field:

Date                     Measure
10/12/2023           1

09/12/2023           1

08/12/2023           1

07/12/2023           1

06/12/2023           1

05/12/2023           1

04/12/2023           1

03/12/2023           0

02/12/2023           0

01/12/2023           0

30/11/2023           0

29/11/2023           0

28/11/2023           0

etc.

I hope someone can help me, as the things that I try returns jumping numbers or close to the todays date unfortunately. Thank you in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Dangar332
Super User
Super User

hi, @Wonter 

you need to make another datetable  which is not connected with your original datetable

use new datetable date as a slicer and old datetable date as table visual and add below column in that visual

Measure 2 = 
var a = SELECTEDVALUE('new datetable'[Date])
return
IF(MIN('old datetable'[Date])<=a && MIN('old datetable'[Date])>a-7,1,0)

Dangar332_0-1704465238475.png

Thank you for your quick reply @Dangar332 . is this the only way? Of doing it with an extra DateTable? As I am using my Date Table also for different tables, which is crucial for selecting the correct periods. So unfortunately I need my current DateTable in the slicer and can't make it independent. It would be great if there is another option where I could use the same DateTable I have without an independent datetable.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Wonter , if you have selected a range greater than 7 days

You can use a measure

Meausre =

var _max = maxx(allselected(Date), Date(Date[date])

return

if(Max(date[Date]) >= _max -6 && Max(date[Date]) <= _max ,1,0)

But if you plan to select a range less than 7 days. Then slicer needs to be on independent date table

//Date1 is independent Date table, Date is joined with Table
new measure =
var _max = maxx(allselected(Date1),Date1[Date])
return
if(Max(date[Date]) >= _max -6 && Max(date[Date]) <= _max ,1,0)

Need of an Independent/disconnected Date Table:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44fGGmg9fHI

Thank you for your quick reply @amitchandak. Unfortunately the first one is not working. Is there another way of doing this without creating a new independent Date Table? As I need my Date Table also for different tables.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.