Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Table Visual - Update for different Data Set

Hello,

I have two data sources loaded into a signle PowerBi report.  I am trying to make a single page report that encompasses all of our Incident and Change Requests.

Currently I have the following data tables with different schemes:

1.  CHange Request

2. Incident Ticket

Below my pie charts I have a Table visual - I want the table to be reflective of which pie chart I click.

Ex.  Open vs Closed Change Pie Chart, and I click Open Requests the table visual updates to what I want to show

Ex 2- Open vs Closed Incident Ticket Pie Chart, and I click Closed Tickets the table visual wont show Incidents at all instead it just filters change request data source.

So is there a way to do what I am looking to do whether native or plugin? 

4 REPLIES 4
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, kindly Accept it as the solution. More people will benefit from it. Or you are still confused about it, please provide me with more details about your table and your problem or share me with your pbix file from your Onedrive for Business.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , I think some screenshot or table is missing.

Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here are the screenshots - in the first by default the table in the bottom shows change data which is what I want, in the second when I want to look at the inprogress Incidents it still shows me all the changes.

Jordan1999_1-1602689094739.png

Jordan1999_0-1602689087187.png

Change Request Schema:

Jordan1999_2-1602689197718.png

Incident Table Schema:

Jordan1999_3-1602689234861.png

Hi @Anonymous 

Did you build any relationship between two tables?

I think you want to filter table visual (build by Change Request Schema) by the column State in Incident Table.

You may try to build a relationship between two tables.

Or you can add a  measure to calculate the value you want by state.

EX:

Measure = calculate(Max(Change Request[Planned Start Date]),filter(Change Request,Change Request[Phase] = max(incident Table[State]))

Or use if/Switch function 

Switch(True(),Max(incident Table[states])= "in progress",resultA,Max(incident Table[states])= "Closed",ResultB,ResultC)

Could you tell me if there are some related between two tables?

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.