Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

jasemilly
Helper I
Helper I

table visual add icons conditional format

Hi

I have a table visual that shows tasks and if they have been completed, in power query I have converted from True/false to 1/0 and would like to display the Icons green/red circle.

I have done this before as the second screen shot shows, but I cannot seem to apply it anything I have created recently,  I believe this is since I upgraded to the sept 2020 version of power bi desktop, is anyone else aware if this issue?

thanks

jasemilly_0-1602680268528.png

jasemilly_1-1602680304266.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jasemilly 

I think you may show your problem in your first screenshot. Is your issue that you can't apply to show the icon in conditional format?

I build a sample to have a test.

Origanal Table:

1.png

After Transform(converted from True/false to 1/0 )

2.png

Build a table visual and show icon by conditional format.

1.png

It works well and my Power BI Version is Sep 2020(2.85.985.0 64-bit) as well, I think you may need to select fields  and use sum.

For more info you may refer to this blog: Use conditional formatting in tables

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jasemilly 

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, kindly Accept it as the solution. More people will benefit from it. Or you are still confused about it, please provide me with more details about your table and your problem or share me with your pbix file from your Onedrive for Business.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jasemilly 

I think you may show your problem in your first screenshot. Is your issue that you can't apply to show the icon in conditional format?

I build a sample to have a test.

Origanal Table:

1.png

After Transform(converted from True/false to 1/0 )

2.png

Build a table visual and show icon by conditional format.

1.png

It works well and my Power BI Version is Sep 2020(2.85.985.0 64-bit) as well, I think you may need to select fields  and use sum.

For more info you may refer to this blog: Use conditional formatting in tables

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you created any measure for rules? 

Also take below considerations while working with conditional table formatting- 

conditional format limitaions.png

Appreciate your kudos!! Mark my post as solution if this helps.

Hi

No measures just the value of the field, the icons that work don't use measures.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Check the sample pbix It has formatting considering both one with respect to measure and another with respect to column value-

It behaves differently

sample pbix 

Aappreciate your kudos!! Mark my post as solution if this helps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.