Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

louisvp
Helper II
Helper II

System.Transactions

Hello all,

I am trying to make a connection with Power BI Destop to a local SQL server.

When I choice the SQL server and the database I got this message:

Can not load the file or assembly System.Transactions, Version = 4.0.0.0, Culture = neutral, PublicKeyToken = b77a5c561934e089 or one of its dependencies. The required impersonation level was not provided or the provided impersonation level is invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070542)

Kan bestand of assembly System.Transactions, version=4.0.0.0, culture=neutral, PublicKeytoken=b77a5c561934e089 of een van de afhankelijkheden hiervan niet laden. Het vereiste imitatieniveau is niet geleverd of het geleverde imitatieniveau is ongeldig. (Uitzondering van HRESULT:0x80070542)

It looks like a .NET error.

Could someone give me advice?

Thanks you in advance.

Kind regards

Louis van Paassen

2 REPLIES 2
pqian
Employee
Employee

Hmm...do you have any changes on your current user that prevents your from impersonation?

Check "Local Security Policy"->Local Policy-> User rights assignment->Impersonate a client after authentication

policies.PNG

ALeef
Advocate III
Advocate III

Are you using Personal Gateway, or trying to connect from just within the Desktop client?

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/powerbi/archive/2015/07/07/refresh-for-on-premises-sources-is-here.aspx

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.