Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

louisvp
Helper II
Helper II

System.Transactions

Hello all,

I am trying to make a connection with Power BI Destop to a local SQL server.

When I choice the SQL server and the database I got this message:

Can not load the file or assembly System.Transactions, Version = 4.0.0.0, Culture = neutral, PublicKeyToken = b77a5c561934e089 or one of its dependencies. The required impersonation level was not provided or the provided impersonation level is invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070542)

Kan bestand of assembly System.Transactions, version=4.0.0.0, culture=neutral, PublicKeytoken=b77a5c561934e089 of een van de afhankelijkheden hiervan niet laden. Het vereiste imitatieniveau is niet geleverd of het geleverde imitatieniveau is ongeldig. (Uitzondering van HRESULT:0x80070542)

It looks like a .NET error.

Could someone give me advice?

Thanks you in advance.

Kind regards

Louis van Paassen

2 REPLIES 2
pqian
Employee
Employee

Hmm...do you have any changes on your current user that prevents your from impersonation?

Check "Local Security Policy"->Local Policy-> User rights assignment->Impersonate a client after authentication

policies.PNG

ALeef
Advocate III
Advocate III

Are you using Personal Gateway, or trying to connect from just within the Desktop client?

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/powerbi/archive/2015/07/07/refresh-for-on-premises-sources-is-here.aspx

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.