Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Curiosity
Regular Visitor

Swap Between Multiple Columns in Visual with Field Parameter Slicer

Hi all-

I would like to use a field parameter to swap between multiple columns in my visual. For example, say I would like to plot the Sell-In and Sell-Thru inventory on a line graph. I want my field parameter to swap between showing the Revenue for both Sell-In and Sell-Thru and showing the Quantity for both Sell-In and Sell-Thru. I've tried adding all 4 columns to a field parameter, but I would like for the swap to show two at a time. So if I select Quantity, the plot will display the Sell-In Qty and Sell-Thru Qty; and if I select Revenue, the plot will display the Sell-In Rev and the Sell-Thru Rev. I've also tried using a field parameter of a field parameter, but this became too complex.

Any help would be greatly and graciously appreciated!
Thanks,
George

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sorry that video doesn't help me, but I was able to solve my issue using this blog: phdata.io/blog/switching-metrics-in-power-bi/

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

Hello @Curiosity ,

check this may help you with your case https://youtu.be/Ty3iMTDZAA0

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, Appreciate your Kudos 👍

Follow me on Linkedin

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

Sorry that video doesn't help me, but I was able to solve my issue using this blog: phdata.io/blog/switching-metrics-in-power-bi/

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.