Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sum Two Measures from Different Tables

Greetings to all,

A little context before posting my question:

Monthly, I evaluate the results meetings in the place where I work. In this meeting, indicators that deviated during the month are presented. I give a score (1, 3, 5) for the analysis of the indicator and also for the countermeasure.

I have two tables as the attached file:

Table Example 

In table 1 it is possible to find the table that I use to annotate the score of the analyzes and countermeasures.

For area A1, in March, 4 indicators had deviations. The maximum score that A1 could have in the month would be 40, but according to my evaluation, it was 32 (80%). However, this value represents only 20% of the final score, that is, the score will be 16%. I managed to reach that value using some measures.

In table 2 I note if the meeting of the month took place.

Basically, if the meeting took place, the Area makes 15% of the score. For this, I created a Calculated Column using IF.

In March A1 held the meeting, then + 15% for the score.

Here is my question:

I need to sum these two values (16% + 15%). However, when I sum the two measures, the result is 46%.

Any ideas how to solve?

Best Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi,

I am not sure how you could get the result of 46%, but I might assume that the Month-Filter did not apply to Table_2. So, the calculation might be 16% + 15%(Table_2_March) + 15%(Table_2_April). Please correct me if I wrongly understood.

The below picture is what I have done. Please check.
I also wrote pbix file link down below. You can see all measures in the file.

Picture1.png

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18lmRMdqE1MfTLOjf-qwI5U2BXTOvhxgW/view?usp=sharing 

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi,

I am not sure how you could get the result of 46%, but I might assume that the Month-Filter did not apply to Table_2. So, the calculation might be 16% + 15%(Table_2_March) + 15%(Table_2_April). Please correct me if I wrongly understood.

The below picture is what I have done. Please check.
I also wrote pbix file link down below. You can see all measures in the file.

Picture1.png

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18lmRMdqE1MfTLOjf-qwI5U2BXTOvhxgW/view?usp=sharing 

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

PhilipTreacy
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

I don't have access to that link.  Google won't let me in.

regards

Phil

Did I answer your question? Then please mark my post as the solution.
If I helped you, click on the Thumbs Up to give Kudos.

Blog :: YouTube Channel :: Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.