Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sum Two Measures from Different Tables

Greetings to all,

A little context before posting my question:

Monthly, I evaluate the results meetings in the place where I work. In this meeting, indicators that deviated during the month are presented. I give a score (1, 3, 5) for the analysis of the indicator and also for the countermeasure.

I have two tables as the attached file:

Table Example 

In table 1 it is possible to find the table that I use to annotate the score of the analyzes and countermeasures.

For area A1, in March, 4 indicators had deviations. The maximum score that A1 could have in the month would be 40, but according to my evaluation, it was 32 (80%). However, this value represents only 20% of the final score, that is, the score will be 16%. I managed to reach that value using some measures.

In table 2 I note if the meeting of the month took place.

Basically, if the meeting took place, the Area makes 15% of the score. For this, I created a Calculated Column using IF.

In March A1 held the meeting, then + 15% for the score.

Here is my question:

I need to sum these two values (16% + 15%). However, when I sum the two measures, the result is 46%.

Any ideas how to solve?

Best Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi,

I am not sure how you could get the result of 46%, but I might assume that the Month-Filter did not apply to Table_2. So, the calculation might be 16% + 15%(Table_2_March) + 15%(Table_2_April). Please correct me if I wrongly understood.

The below picture is what I have done. Please check.
I also wrote pbix file link down below. You can see all measures in the file.

Picture1.png

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18lmRMdqE1MfTLOjf-qwI5U2BXTOvhxgW/view?usp=sharing 

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi,

I am not sure how you could get the result of 46%, but I might assume that the Month-Filter did not apply to Table_2. So, the calculation might be 16% + 15%(Table_2_March) + 15%(Table_2_April). Please correct me if I wrongly understood.

The below picture is what I have done. Please check.
I also wrote pbix file link down below. You can see all measures in the file.

Picture1.png

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18lmRMdqE1MfTLOjf-qwI5U2BXTOvhxgW/view?usp=sharing 

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

PhilipTreacy
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

I don't have access to that link.  Google won't let me in.

regards

Phil

Did I answer your question? Then please mark my post as the solution.
If I helped you, click on the Thumbs Up to give Kudos.

Blog :: YouTube Channel :: Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.