Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

beanscruz
Regular Visitor

Sum Filtered Values

Hi, Need Help.

I created a number of filters using only one main column in a table and i want to sum up those filtered values. 

What can you recommend I should do to calculate this sum? 

beanscruz_0-1611107536895.png

I'd like to add the costs (Numbers below) 1.1M + 76K + 4.5M +5.8M (this will be dynamic based on filter so i need to create a formula to execute this). Thank you in advance

6 REPLIES 6
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @beanscruz 

I tried to open the link you shared to download the pbix file, but I got an error message. It seems like I don’t have access to your SharePoint site. Would you like to check the link again?

v-robertq-msft_0-1611818338593.png

Thanks very much!

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@beanscruz , if these numbers are based on different slicer/filter values and those are controlled on specific visual. Yes, you need to create a measure with a filter to get that.

Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

Hi @amitchandak, thank you for your quick reply. 

I can't seem to attach the pbix file. Do you have an email where i can send the sample? Thanks! 

Hi, @beanscruz 

You can upload the pbix file to Onedrive for business and share the download link in the Power BI community, you can follow this link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/share-onedrive-files-and-folders-9fcc2f7d-de0c-4cec-93b0-...

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you! @v-robertq-msft 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.