Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

wyattexplore
Frequent Visitor

Struggling with limiting the "Show items with no data"

Hey everyone,

I'm just having some difficulties with the "Show items with no data" option. I have 2 large data sets.

We have a list of projects, statuses, information, etc in one table, and then the other table is users associated with the projects and their roles (Project Managers). They are tied together by a Project code. But when I create the relationship between them, it now only shows me jobs with users associated with them, where sometimes we have projects that don’t have users in the second table.

I’ve tried selecting “Show items with no data” but that turns the table visualization into an absolute mess, and it starts showing every possible project, with every possible status.

How can I limit the Show Items with no data to only one column in the table?

7 REPLIES 7
suhasakole
Frequent Visitor

Hi @wyattexplore 

If you click on the option, “Show items with no data”  then it will show you all the data. To overcome this issue you can put some slicer/filter (Projects, Roles (Project Managers).) to limit the rows. 

Thanks,

SuhasAkole

Unfortunately the visual level filtering doesn't actually change anything. You can see I filtered the Job number to not blank and it's still showing blank values. 

extras.JPG

hi, @wyattexplore 

There should be something go wrong in other side.

Could you please share a simple sample pbix file for us have a test?

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, 

I am unsure of how to provide you with a small sample file as it's hooked directly into a very large dataset of live data. Can you recommend any other things to try? Or how can I export a small sample pbix for you?

Thanks,

hi, @wyattexplore 

You could use import or virtual data do a simple sample data, just could reproduce the issue.

You can upload it to OneDrive and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hey @v-lili6-msft,

I'm not sure I follow what you mean in terms of virtual data or import. Is there any resources you can point me to?

Thanks,

Wyatt.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.