Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Stacked Bar Chart with "Blank" Space & Point Symbols

Hi all, 

I have a requirment that is similar to a gantt chart but actually quite different. Essentially I have dates and calculations of days between dates. I am wanting to chart the days for each step in a process (Days is x-axis). Each step has a party category, and the bars will be colored by this (Legend). So for each item in the y-axis, there will be 4 bars for the categories, that will be active at different points. For this I need to create a table that can calculate blank or leading space appropriately (which those bars will be clear (or white). See screenshot of excel created below: 

felixthecat_nyc_0-1677696661306.png

Now here's the kicker - I also need point symbols to show up which represent step completion, a categorical variable. The points will show up relative to when the step was completed (Count of Days). Is something like this possible in Power Bi? When I got all the requirements I thought it surely was not possible but maybe someone can help. 

3 REPLIES 3
bolfri
Super User
Super User

I think it's possible quite simply:

bars - cell backgrounds

ticks - unicode

Rest? Math. 🙂

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@felixthecat_nyc , Check if Matrix visual and conditional formatting can help

Matrix as Project plan Visual: https://youtu.be/R25QoiyoSVs

Thanks for the response @amitchandak . But when I mentioned the table in my description, I meant I needed a virtual table to build the visual that represented in the excel screen shot. Ultimately I am trying to build that chart in Power Bi. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.