Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Stacked Bar Chart with "Blank" Space & Point Symbols

Hi all, 

I have a requirment that is similar to a gantt chart but actually quite different. Essentially I have dates and calculations of days between dates. I am wanting to chart the days for each step in a process (Days is x-axis). Each step has a party category, and the bars will be colored by this (Legend). So for each item in the y-axis, there will be 4 bars for the categories, that will be active at different points. For this I need to create a table that can calculate blank or leading space appropriately (which those bars will be clear (or white). See screenshot of excel created below: 

felixthecat_nyc_0-1677696661306.png

Now here's the kicker - I also need point symbols to show up which represent step completion, a categorical variable. The points will show up relative to when the step was completed (Count of Days). Is something like this possible in Power Bi? When I got all the requirements I thought it surely was not possible but maybe someone can help. 

3 REPLIES 3
bolfri
Super User
Super User

I think it's possible quite simply:

bars - cell backgrounds

ticks - unicode

Rest? Math. 🙂

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@felixthecat_nyc , Check if Matrix visual and conditional formatting can help

Matrix as Project plan Visual: https://youtu.be/R25QoiyoSVs

Thanks for the response @amitchandak . But when I mentioned the table in my description, I meant I needed a virtual table to build the visual that represented in the excel screen shot. Ultimately I am trying to build that chart in Power Bi. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.