Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

vwithers
Frequent Visitor

Stacked Area Chart Single Total Data Label

Hello,

I am currently creating a stacked area chart visual and I want to make the data labels show the total of the values by each series that is a total of all of the months in the x-axis. When I turn on total labels, it wants to show me the total of the y-axis (value) for each month instead of the total over all months in the middle. Is this possible for me to achieve this goal?

I have attached an example of what I want below.

Tableau Replication.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vwithers ,

With the help of custom data labels I have created a demo file, please check if it fits your use case.

vcgaomsft_2-1702371548981.png

Select the visualization you wish to modify. --> Navigate to the Visualizations pane on the right-hand side of the screen. --> Select the “Format” paint roller icon. --> Choose the “Data Labels” tab and select the measure for your custom labels. I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly --  How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum -- China Power BI User Group

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vwithers ,

With the help of custom data labels I have created a demo file, please check if it fits your use case.

vcgaomsft_2-1702371548981.png

Select the visualization you wish to modify. --> Navigate to the Visualizations pane on the right-hand side of the screen. --> Select the “Format” paint roller icon. --> Choose the “Data Labels” tab and select the measure for your custom labels. I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly --  How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum -- China Power BI User Group

@v-cgao-msft thank you, I was not aware of that option.

Hi @v-cgao-msft,

Thanks for the response! I tried this out and it works great and is perfect for the scenario. Thank you very much.

Vik

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

No, you would need to use a custom visual like Deneb to achieve that - or use two visuals.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.