Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

PBInewbie17
Helper I
Helper I

Filter by Matrix Subtotals

I have a matrix in Power BI that includes PHA and Development as Rows. I want to filter the matrix to only show PHAs with a MASS Occupancy Rate below 95.50%, but I want to include ALL Developments under a PHA, regardless of a Development's MASS Occupancy Rate. MASS Occupancy Rate is a calculated measure in a separate Measures table. I do not have a separate MASS Occupancy Rate calculation that is only PHAs.

The attached image provides a specific image of what I'm trying to achieve. Thank you

test.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Joyce, I tried your solution, but the filter is still excluding all Developments with MASS Occupancy Rates below 95.50%, and not just the PHA. Please see below. Before the filter, the PHA for OR008 has a MASS Occupancy Rate of 94.57%. Because this is below 95.50%, it should remain on the matrix, along with EVERY Development beneath it, regardless of what the MASS Occupancy Rate is for those Developments.'test.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
isjoycewang
Super User
Super User

Hi @PBInewbie17,

Demo file attached.

Please try below DAX and apply it to your matrix visual:

Filter = IF( CALCULATE( [Rate], ALLEXCEPT('Table','Table'[PHA])) < 0.955 , 1, 0)

isjoycewang_0-1702360813902.png

Best Regards,

Joyce

Joyce, I tried your solution, but the filter is still excluding all Developments with MASS Occupancy Rates below 95.50%, and not just the PHA. Please see below. Before the filter, the PHA for OR008 has a MASS Occupancy Rate of 94.57%. Because this is below 95.50%, it should remain on the matrix, along with EVERY Development beneath it, regardless of what the MASS Occupancy Rate is for those Developments.'test.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.