Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

PowerBigginer
Helper II
Helper II

Slicer selection should effect only for few measures

I created a table visual. is it possible to effect slicer selection only for few measure not for all for instance if you see below table 

NameSalaryIncentives
A10000100
B20000200
C30000300

here If I select month in the month slicer only Incentive column should change not the salary column. Is it possible to create dax to achieve this ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-kaiyue-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PowerBigginer ,

Thanks for the reply from @manvishah17  and @samratpbi , please allow me to provide another insight: 

If you want slicer to not filter the data in the table, you can create a new table with filtered columns and don't create a relationship with the original table.

Based on your description, I created these data:

vkaiyuemsft_0-1714721220584.png

1. create the calculation table.

Table 2 =
DISTINCT('Table'[date])

2. create slicer and put the fields from the calculation table into the slicer.

3. create measure.

Measure =
CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Incentives]),FILTER(ALL('Table'),'Table'[date] = MAX('Table 2'[date]) && 'Table'[name] = MAX('Table'[name])))

vkaiyuemsft_1-1714721258484.png

If your Current Period does not refer to this, please clarify in a follow-up reply.

Best Regards,

Clara Gong

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-kaiyue-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PowerBigginer ,

Thanks for the reply from @manvishah17  and @samratpbi , please allow me to provide another insight: 

If you want slicer to not filter the data in the table, you can create a new table with filtered columns and don't create a relationship with the original table.

Based on your description, I created these data:

vkaiyuemsft_0-1714721220584.png

1. create the calculation table.

Table 2 =
DISTINCT('Table'[date])

2. create slicer and put the fields from the calculation table into the slicer.

3. create measure.

Measure =
CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Incentives]),FILTER(ALL('Table'),'Table'[date] = MAX('Table 2'[date]) && 'Table'[name] = MAX('Table'[name])))

vkaiyuemsft_1-1714721258484.png

If your Current Period does not refer to this, please clarify in a follow-up reply.

Best Regards,

Clara Gong

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

manvishah17
Resolver I
Resolver I

See ideally, if any column of your table is getting filter via slicer then its corresponding values of other column in that table  also get filtered.
Now the question you want that values remain same all over table or the no of row of a column remain same even if slicer is selected.
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

samratpbi
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi, you need to remove the filter context that is being applied by your slicer. So, if you have Month slicer, then remove filter of Month in the Salary measure using ALL function. Not sure about your calculation, but remove filter on month using like ALL(T1[month]).

Hope this helps.

If this helps to resolve your problem, then please mark it as solution provided, Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.