Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lkshck
Helper III
Helper III

Simulate null values for missing data

Hey,

I have a table which contains a date (by day), a clientId and a count (number of requests). There are some clients which doesn't make requests for some days which leads to no data in this table. So only counts > 0 are written to it. To get a better graph I still want to have those days marked as count = 0. Is there any chance to do that in PowerBi? Currently the graphs looks like this:

lkshck_0-1654180244267.png

Goal is to have a value for everyday, so for days where I don't have any count, it should be just 0.

Best regards and thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @lkshck ,

I suggest you to create a DimDate table by CALENDAR() or CALENDARAUTO() function. 

Date = 
CALENDAR(MIN('Table'[date]),MAX('Table'[date]))

Relationship:

RicoZhou_0-1654571747345.png

Measure:

Measure = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[count]))+0

Use [Date] from DimDate table to create your visuals. Result is as below.

RicoZhou_1-1654571794692.png

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

What you are looking for is to add a 0 as a daily goal? or is what I understood in your question! can you give an example with an excel graph of what you are looking for to help you?

0 should be added to every day where the client made any request. So the current table looks like the following:

lkshck_0-1654247128693.png

So you can see that the client 9-8765-4321 doesn't made any calls on 02.06.2022. Goal is to add this clientId as well to this date, but with count = 0. So the expected table should look like:

lkshck_1-1654247157668.png

Hi @lkshck ,

I suggest you to create a DimDate table by CALENDAR() or CALENDARAUTO() function. 

Date = 
CALENDAR(MIN('Table'[date]),MAX('Table'[date]))

Relationship:

RicoZhou_0-1654571747345.png

Measure:

Measure = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[count]))+0

Use [Date] from DimDate table to create your visuals. Result is as below.

RicoZhou_1-1654571794692.png

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.