Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Rafay_anis
Regular Visitor

Showing icons for each distinct count of shipment with details underneath

Hi everyone!

First post on this forum although I visit regularly and find most questions already answered.

So here's my scenario. I need to create a visual representing an image for each pending shipment being received in the ERP (filtered item wise). For instance, if 2 pending shipments are to be received, then following are the reporting requirements:

1. 2 ship icons are to be shown in the report.
  2. Under each ship, its relevant details like shipment number, quantity and date of arrival, etc. are to be shown.

I managed to do the first requirement by playing around with the infographic designer custom visual. And added two seperate card visuals to show the quantity and date respectively of the earliest pending shipment only. You may refer to the image below where 7,700 represents quantity and August 10th represents the shipment date. However, later on client said he wants the information for all pending shipments below each icon, so I am not too sure how I can fulfill the second requirement.

I have attached a screenshot of my report using dummy data and used an Image Editor to add how I need to the text to appear (circled in Blue).

Power BI Query.png

The following are the details of the data source, if it matters:
Data Source: MS NAV 2009
Table: Purchase Order Lines

Relevant Fields for Shipment: Purchase Order number, Item Number, Quantity, Expected Receipt Date

Assumption: Pending shipments means Expected Receipt Date > current date. One Purchase Order is equal to one shipment. Partial shipments or unfulfilled shipments are ignored. Tooltips is not an option as report is presented on a TV with autorefresh and hence, no interaction with mouse or any other input device.

So any feedback or ideas if something like this can be achieved?

Regards

Rafay Anis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Rafay_anis

As it is a custom visual, i suggest you may check out the Support site (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/project/infonice) for more professional information.

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Rafay_anis

As it is a custom visual, i suggest you may check out the Support site (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/project/infonice) for more professional information.

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for the link, I will check out their support site.

However, assuming the custom infographic designer visual does not meet my requirement, I am open to suggestions for other custom visual / measures / work around. Is there any other way to achieve the the requirement?

Solved! Thank you for the link, just viewed the videos provided in the link to fulfill my requirement, thanks!

Power BI Query 2.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.