Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sharepoint List ID instead of full name

Hello,

I have a people dropdown on my SharePoint list. When I import the list to power BI the full name of the person doesn't show up I get two columns with numbers only

Project Manager ID

Project Manager StringID

How can I make the numbers return full name text just like in SharePoint?

5 REPLIES 5
Nyssie

I have this same issue. My Sharepoint List has quite a few "Person" fields, for instance Point of Contact for the project. When I connect the data source to Power BI and try to create a table, it only gives me PointofContactId and PointofContactStringId and when I pull it into Power BI, it only shows [List] in the table.

I tried to go into Transform Data and extracted the value from the field but then it only displays an ID.

Help, I really need it to display the person's name that was selected!

nd1

I experience the same issue.  

I have looked at sources hoping to get it resolved, such as A Simplified Method of Working with SharePoint Data in Power BI – The White Pages (bifocal.show)

Unfortunately this doesn't work as I can't locate the column FieldValuesAsText from the load.

Any advice would be greatly received

Anonymous
Not applicable

Still no solution?

lagonz

I am facing the same issue. One column of my Sharepoint list is "Owner". When I connect the List to PowerBI, I obtain 2 columns: OwnerID and OwnerString. What I am trying to achieve is getting the full name so I can use slicers and create reports. Any hint?

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

I could not reproduce your issue. Could you share more details?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.