Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

graemejohnson
Helper II
Helper II

Scheduled Refresh "undefinedQuery contains unsupported function. Function name: Web.Contents"

I have a query in my solution that's making a REST call....

2019-07-15_12h02_26.png

It all works very well in PowerBI desktop, however, when I attempt (via Power BI web) to schedule a refresh of the data set set that this query belongs to, I get a "Query contains unsupported function. Function name: Web.Content" error.     

I have had a look around to see if I can figure out what to do to make the query refreshable - but the info I've found has not made it clear to me what I have to do.

2019-07-15_12h08_25.png

4 REPLIES 4
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

@graemejohnson  what authentication method are you using?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Basic authentication e.g. username and password

Pointers I found about this online were suggesting it's something to do with how Power BI is validating that the endpoint is reachable - and that's where I started to get lost Smiley Frustrated

@graemejohnson  in your data source settings in power bi, the data source being the webpage, are you logging in there with a name and password?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.