Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

graemejohnson
Helper II
Helper II

Scheduled Refresh "undefinedQuery contains unsupported function. Function name: Web.Contents"

I have a query in my solution that's making a REST call....

2019-07-15_12h02_26.png

It all works very well in PowerBI desktop, however, when I attempt (via Power BI web) to schedule a refresh of the data set set that this query belongs to, I get a "Query contains unsupported function. Function name: Web.Content" error.     

I have had a look around to see if I can figure out what to do to make the query refreshable - but the info I've found has not made it clear to me what I have to do.

2019-07-15_12h08_25.png

4 REPLIES 4
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

@graemejohnson  what authentication method are you using?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Basic authentication e.g. username and password

Pointers I found about this online were suggesting it's something to do with how Power BI is validating that the endpoint is reachable - and that's where I started to get lost Smiley Frustrated

@graemejohnson  in your data source settings in power bi, the data source being the webpage, are you logging in there with a name and password?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.