Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

klippie
Frequent Visitor

Scatter chart

I have Power BI desktop and i am trying to give custom labels to my data points.  All the posts talk about a details option where you add the data to be used as labels.  But I dont have that option under visualisation.  I only have Values, x axis, y axis, legend, size, play axis and tooltips.  I that only availalbe for the online option?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@klippie  Try inserting the data to here. I am guessing the second picture is what you looking for.

ray_wu_1-1659556629190.png

Depending on the data , might worth creating a index column.

ray_wu_3-1659556727642.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
klippie
Frequent Visitor

Thanks, but I have found that.  But need to change the actual label.  It is using my xy coords and I want names for the points.  I see that I must add it to details but I dont have that option.  So that is what I am looking for. 

klippie_0-1659556005885.png

@klippie  Try inserting the data to here. I am guessing the second picture is what you looking for.

ray_wu_1-1659556629190.png

Depending on the data , might worth creating a index column.

ray_wu_3-1659556727642.png

I see this is exactly what I want.  I tried making an index column and then do I use the column I want to use for the labels?  It still gives me the same error.  the column is the index column that I added and holeNum the "name" i want to use. 

klippie_0-1659558708402.png

the error is regarding the sum.

Try switching to sum or unsumarrise on X and Y value .

So the "format" of the data I want to use needs to be changed. Will try that quickly.   Thanks

ray_ux
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@klippie 
it's here on desktop. ensure you have the latest version install.

ray_wu_0-1659555061897.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.