Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Identifier low and higher values

Good afternoon, I seek to identify the values ​​greater than 500 and less than 500, that when the values ​​are greater than 500 tell me that it is not "NOT ELIGIBLE" and if they are less than 500 "YES ELIGIBLE"

22.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous 

Given the assessment is happening at the row level, a calculated column is appropriate for this. However, if you want to change the context, then:

1. Create a Measure that sums the amount column

Amount = SUM ( 'Table'[Precio $ / KV] )

2. Create a second Measure such as:

Measure = 

SWITCH (
TRUE () ,
[Amount] < 500 , "NOT ELIGIBLE" ,
[Amount] >= 500 , "YES ELIGIBLE" ,
BLANK()
)

If you wanted to only have one measure, you can adjust it to the following:

Measure = 

SWITCH (
TRUE () ,
SUM ( 'Table'[Precio $ / KV] ) < 500 , "NOT ELIGIBLE" ,
SUM ( 'Table'[Precio $ / KV] ) >= 500 , "YES ELIGIBLE" ,
BLANK()
)

Hope this helps!

Theo

If I have posted a response that resolves your question, please accept it as a solution to formally close the post.

Also, if you are as passionate about Power BI, DAX and data as I am, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, queries, or if you simply want to connect and talk to another data geek!

Want to connect?www.linkedin.com/in/theoconias

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TheoC
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

You can create a calculated column as follows:

Column = 

SWITCH (
TRUE () ,
'Table'[Precio $ / KV] < 500 , "NOT ELIGIBLE" ,
'Table'[Precio $ / KV] >= 500 , "YES ELIGIBLE" ,
BLANK()
)

In the above, I have assumed you wanted 500 and greater than 500 hence I added ">=", not just greater than 500.  If you only want "greater than 500", then please remove the equals sign.

Just check the name of the columns and update your "Table" to the table name you have.

Hope this helps 🙂

Theo

If I have posted a response that resolves your question, please accept it as a solution to formally close the post.

Also, if you are as passionate about Power BI, DAX and data as I am, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, queries, or if you simply want to connect and talk to another data geek!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TheoC Hello, thank you very much for answering my question. Do you know if there is any way to make it a measure?

Hi @Anonymous 

Given the assessment is happening at the row level, a calculated column is appropriate for this. However, if you want to change the context, then:

1. Create a Measure that sums the amount column

Amount = SUM ( 'Table'[Precio $ / KV] )

2. Create a second Measure such as:

Measure = 

SWITCH (
TRUE () ,
[Amount] < 500 , "NOT ELIGIBLE" ,
[Amount] >= 500 , "YES ELIGIBLE" ,
BLANK()
)

If you wanted to only have one measure, you can adjust it to the following:

Measure = 

SWITCH (
TRUE () ,
SUM ( 'Table'[Precio $ / KV] ) < 500 , "NOT ELIGIBLE" ,
SUM ( 'Table'[Precio $ / KV] ) >= 500 , "YES ELIGIBLE" ,
BLANK()
)

Hope this helps!

Theo

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TheoC many thanks

@Anonymous a pleasure 🙏

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.