cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
colinpop Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Scan .pbix attachment

Hello,

I have a requirement to scan .pbix files attached to emails looking for specific words and raising an error in a modal dialog if the words are detected in the .pbix file.

We looked into unzipping the .pbix file, but was wondering if there is a more optimal solution that is recommended.

Greatly appreciate your time and insights on this.

C

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Scan .pbix attachment

I don’t have a solution, but I know you can unzip files with Flow. Maybe flow can also search for text - I don’t know. 

* Matt is a Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.
colinpop Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thank you Matt

To clarify you are sating that unzipping the files and searching them is the only recommended approach? 

Super User
Super User

No, I am not saying that.  I don't know what approaches can be used.  You have indicated that unzipping works. I am just drawing your attention to the fact that Flow can do the unzipping automatically, so maybe you can investigate if it can also search the unzipped file for you and do what you want.  I don't know if it can or can't, I'm just putting the idea out there.

* Matt is a Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Topics Started Badges Coming

New Topics Started Badges Coming

We're releasing new versions of the badge that everyone's talking about. ;) Check your inbox for notifications.

MBAS 2020

Save the new date (and location)!

Our business applications community is growing—so we needed a different venue, resulting in a new date and location. See you there!

Difinity Conference

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)