Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ChadGalicia
Frequent Visitor

Help Pls - Summarizecolumns with multiple filter to be applied in 1 column

Good day!

As stated in the subject how can I Summarizecolumns with multiple filter to be applied in 1 column?

I am trying to figure out how can I achieve this. Please help.

Fact table has 2 rows with duplicate values and I am trying to remove it using dax-filter.

FamilyMap = (SUMMARIZECOLUMNS(FSalesAct[Famlea],FSalesAct[Family Code],FSalesAct[Leaderable Code],FSalesAct[Division Code],FILTER(FSalesAct,(FSalesAct[Famlea]<>"2263522600") || (FSalesAct[Famlea]<>"4089040999"))))

Currently I am getting error below.
"Column '' in Table '' contains a duplicate value '40890' and this is not allowed for columns on the one side of a many-to-one relationship or for columns that are used as the primary key of a table."

Thanks in advance for your help.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HI @ChadGalicia ,

Current calculated columns not support to stored multiple columns/table. Please modify your expression to confirm it return singe result.(e.g. merge multiple column values to one)

DAX Error: The Expression Refers to Multiple Columns. Multiple Columns Cannot Be Converted to a Scal...

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ChadGalicia
Frequent Visitor

Snap!

I just changed the || into && and my data set is alright again. Weird! tried it earlier and it didn't.

FamilyMap = (SUMMARIZECOLUMNS(FSalesAct[Famlea],FSalesAct[Family Code],FSalesAct[Leaderable Code],FSalesAct[Division Code],FILTER(FSalesAct,(FSalesAct[Famlea]<>"2263522600") && (FSalesAct[Famlea]<>"4089040999"))))

HI @ChadGalicia ,

Current calculated columns not support to stored multiple columns/table. Please modify your expression to confirm it return singe result.(e.g. merge multiple column values to one)

DAX Error: The Expression Refers to Multiple Columns. Multiple Columns Cannot Be Converted to a Scal...

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.