Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Salesforce connect issue

Hello,

I'm newbie in Power BI yet so this issue I'm having could be easy to solve. 

I'm trying to update or get another data from SalesForce but when I put my credentials the Power BI opens the SalesForce page instead of the tables or reports. 

This is the page that I want to open.

2016_08_22_12_29_51_Assignment_Query_Editor.png

This is the page that actually opens:

Resultado de imagem para salesforce home

5 REPLIES 5
ReportMaster
Helper V
Helper V

Hi, were you able to find a solution? As a workaround, maybe you can try to test your connection with a 3rd party connector. I've tried windsor.ai, supermetrics and funnel.io. I stayed with windsor because it is much cheaper so just to let you know other options. In case you wonder, to make the connection first search for the Salesforce connector in the data sources list:

SALESFORCE-1.png

After that, just grant access to your Salesforce account using your credentials, then on preview and destination page you will see a preview of your Salesforce fields:

SALESFORCE-2.png

There just select the fields you need. It is also compatible with custom fields and custom objects, so you'll be able to export them through windsor.  Finally, just select PBI as your data destination and finally just copy and paste the url on PBI --> Get Data --> Web --> Paste the url. 

SELECT_DESTINATION_NEW.png

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous,

There are two Salesforce related connector in power bi desktop, please use Salesforce Reports instead of Salesforce Objects.

Capture.PNG 

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yuta-msft

this issue happens with Salesforce Report and Salesforce Objects.

@Anonymous ,

Have you solved your issue by now? If you have, could you please help mark the correct answer to finish the thread? Your contribution will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

@Anonymous,

How many rows are there in your dataset? As I know, there's rows limitation on salesforce connector. Please refer to similar case below:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Integrations-with-Files-and/Salesforce-Reports-and-Power-BI-Desktop-only-returns-first-10/td-p/582926

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.