Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

SQl jobs overlap and visual

The problem I have is that I need to get the count for each job, and a few of the jobs run every 1minute, 2minutes, 3minutes, 5minutes, etc. but not at the same start time. Two jobs can run every 5 minutes but one job runs on the 00:30 second mark and the other job will run at the 00:45 second mark. these two jobs won't overlap, but other jobs will share the same start times and those are the ones i need to be able to count.

Essentially i need to have a count at every time of the day there is any overlap caused by multiple jobs operating at the same time. For instance, if a 5minute job started at 00:00:00am and a 3minute job started at 00:00:00am there would be overlap of those jobs every 15th minute after the start at 00:00:00-00:15:00-00:30:00-... and etc. for all jobs throughout the day that share run time due to a lowest common denominator for intervals each hour of each working day.

I need to create a visual with an x-axis as the duration of 1 day (using 0-24 hours) and a line that shows the count of overlap of the jobs running per minute of that day. Here is a screenshot ofsome of my data.Interval time screenshot.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

How much is the size of your pbix file or data source?

I need to know if your file is too big or not yet since i have a idea of the solution which needs to create a big table.

Best Regards
Maggie

Anonymous
Not applicable

The PBIX file is larger @28,556 KB compared to the source data from an excel spreadsheet.

Anonymous
Not applicable

28,556 KB

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.