Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

saralyndsay
Frequent Visitor

Running Total for Months With Different Percentage Rates

Hello, 

I am trying to calculate out a rebate dollar amount, that can be calculated using a date slicer. 

I have a table set up with the rebate % by month, using the first day of the month as the date. We will call this the rebate table.

DateMonthBrandQuarter Rebate %
3/1/20203KONG0.05
2/1/20202KONG0.04

I have another table that purchases by date range and sku. We will call it the Purchases table.

DateSkuPurchases
3/1/2020120000
3/2/2020240000
2/1/2020310000
2/3/2020420000

These tables are linked via a sku/brand linking table as well as through a general calendar table. 

What I need to accomplish is the following. I need the sum of all the purchases in the purchases table for the month to be multiplied by the Quarter Rebate % for that month.

I have been able to accomplish this for a month by monty basis with the formula: 

Quarter Rebate Calc = calculate(sumx(filter(Rebates,Rebates[Month]=lookupvalue('Calendar'[Month],'Calendar'[Date],Rebates[Date])),Rebates[Quarter Rebate %]))*[Purchases]

The issue is, if I am trying to look at the two months together, it is summing the rebate % and multiplying it by the purchases. Ie it is multiplying by 9%. 

Ideally the result would be 4200 (60000 total in March x 0.05 + 30000 total in Feb x 0.04). But the result I am getting is 8100 (90000 x 0.09).

Any help would be appreciated! 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@amitchandak Nevermind I think I got it! Thanks for your help. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

All new columns in table 2. Add additional condition as per need

max rebate date= maxx(filter(table1,month(table1[Date])=month(table2[Date])),table1[Date])

rebate =maxx(filter(table1,month(table1[Date])=month(table2[max rebate date])),table1[Quarter Rebate %])

Quarter Rebate Calc = [rebate]*[Purchases]

@amitchandak If I wanted to also have the condition by the Brand as shown in table 1, and there is a separate table with sku and brand in it, how would I add that in? 

@amitchandak Nevermind I think I got it! Thanks for your help. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.