Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

saralyndsay
Frequent Visitor

Running Total for Months With Different Percentage Rates

Hello, 

I am trying to calculate out a rebate dollar amount, that can be calculated using a date slicer. 

I have a table set up with the rebate % by month, using the first day of the month as the date. We will call this the rebate table.

DateMonthBrandQuarter Rebate %
3/1/20203KONG0.05
2/1/20202KONG0.04

I have another table that purchases by date range and sku. We will call it the Purchases table.

DateSkuPurchases
3/1/2020120000
3/2/2020240000
2/1/2020310000
2/3/2020420000

These tables are linked via a sku/brand linking table as well as through a general calendar table. 

What I need to accomplish is the following. I need the sum of all the purchases in the purchases table for the month to be multiplied by the Quarter Rebate % for that month.

I have been able to accomplish this for a month by monty basis with the formula: 

Quarter Rebate Calc = calculate(sumx(filter(Rebates,Rebates[Month]=lookupvalue('Calendar'[Month],'Calendar'[Date],Rebates[Date])),Rebates[Quarter Rebate %]))*[Purchases]

The issue is, if I am trying to look at the two months together, it is summing the rebate % and multiplying it by the purchases. Ie it is multiplying by 9%. 

Ideally the result would be 4200 (60000 total in March x 0.05 + 30000 total in Feb x 0.04). But the result I am getting is 8100 (90000 x 0.09).

Any help would be appreciated! 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@amitchandak Nevermind I think I got it! Thanks for your help. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

All new columns in table 2. Add additional condition as per need

max rebate date= maxx(filter(table1,month(table1[Date])=month(table2[Date])),table1[Date])

rebate =maxx(filter(table1,month(table1[Date])=month(table2[max rebate date])),table1[Quarter Rebate %])

Quarter Rebate Calc = [rebate]*[Purchases]

@amitchandak If I wanted to also have the condition by the Brand as shown in table 1, and there is a separate table with sku and brand in it, how would I add that in? 

@amitchandak Nevermind I think I got it! Thanks for your help. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.