Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Retain slicer selection when switching between bookmarks?

Hi all, I have two different bookmarks on my report page, but when I switch between these bookmarks, my slicer got reset. Are there currently any ways to retain the slicer selection? 

10 REPLIES 10
vanessa
Post Patron
Post Patron

Facing a similar issue. I have 2 bookmarks upon selection of which the visualizations on the report change. I have a date range filter which gets reset each time I toggle between the bookmarks.

How can I retain the filter selection?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @vanessa,

you can take a look at the "More bookmark flexibility" section in this link https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-december-feature-summary/ for reference. You can uncheck the Data section on each of your bookmark to retain the slicer value. Hope this help!

it worked, Thank you

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi @vanessa,

you can take a look at the "More bookmark flexibility" section in this link https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-december-feature-summary/ for reference. You can uncheck the Data section on each of your bookmark to retain the slicer value. Hope this help!

@Anonymous thanks.

That worked 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Hi Nick, what happens if I want to retain only one slicer? My problem is that I need to maintain the date between pages, but then create different Bookmarks already filtered by other atribute from my model.

Thanks in advanced,

Nicolas  

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

I am not able to reproduce your issue in the latest version of Power BI Desktop(2.52.4921.581), in my scenario, slicer selections are retained when I switch between bookmarks.
1.JPG

Could you please post screenshot or share PBIX file here?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yuezhe-msft,

I attached my file here (https://send.firefox.com/download/e0b850fdd8/#wxoD0WIGCGu-y5gXLaXT6g). So basically I have a toggle button that when CTRL+ click, it will take me to another bookmark but the slicer values are not retained

@Anonymous,

Do you mean that the Year slicer is reset when you switch between bookmarks? If so, I am unable  to reproduce this issue using your PBIX file. The year slicer always shows as below when I click bookmarks.
1.JPG

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yuezhe-msft,

I am using 2.52.4921.682 version of Power BI, so I am not sure if that effects the result or not. I tried to create a completely new file, but the year and country slicers still get reset it. Would you able to upload your sample code so I can test it on my machine?

@Anonymous,

I tested your PBIX file in both 2.52.4921.581 version of Power BI Desktop and 2.52.4921.581 version of Power BI Desktop, slicers always show as below when I switch between bookmarks.
1.JPG2.JPG

You can test my simple PBIX file in your Desktop.

Regards,
Lydia

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.