Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Retain slicer selection when switching between bookmarks?

Hi all, I have two different bookmarks on my report page, but when I switch between these bookmarks, my slicer got reset. Are there currently any ways to retain the slicer selection? 

10 REPLIES 10
vanessa
Post Patron
Post Patron

Facing a similar issue. I have 2 bookmarks upon selection of which the visualizations on the report change. I have a date range filter which gets reset each time I toggle between the bookmarks.

How can I retain the filter selection?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @vanessa,

you can take a look at the "More bookmark flexibility" section in this link https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-december-feature-summary/ for reference. You can uncheck the Data section on each of your bookmark to retain the slicer value. Hope this help!

it worked, Thank you

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi @vanessa,

you can take a look at the "More bookmark flexibility" section in this link https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-december-feature-summary/ for reference. You can uncheck the Data section on each of your bookmark to retain the slicer value. Hope this help!

@Anonymous thanks.

That worked 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Hi Nick, what happens if I want to retain only one slicer? My problem is that I need to maintain the date between pages, but then create different Bookmarks already filtered by other atribute from my model.

Thanks in advanced,

Nicolas  

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

I am not able to reproduce your issue in the latest version of Power BI Desktop(2.52.4921.581), in my scenario, slicer selections are retained when I switch between bookmarks.
1.JPG

Could you please post screenshot or share PBIX file here?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yuezhe-msft,

I attached my file here (https://send.firefox.com/download/e0b850fdd8/#wxoD0WIGCGu-y5gXLaXT6g). So basically I have a toggle button that when CTRL+ click, it will take me to another bookmark but the slicer values are not retained

@Anonymous,

Do you mean that the Year slicer is reset when you switch between bookmarks? If so, I am unable  to reproduce this issue using your PBIX file. The year slicer always shows as below when I click bookmarks.
1.JPG

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yuezhe-msft,

I am using 2.52.4921.682 version of Power BI, so I am not sure if that effects the result or not. I tried to create a completely new file, but the year and country slicers still get reset it. Would you able to upload your sample code so I can test it on my machine?

@Anonymous,

I tested your PBIX file in both 2.52.4921.581 version of Power BI Desktop and 2.52.4921.581 version of Power BI Desktop, slicers always show as below when I switch between bookmarks.
1.JPG2.JPG

You can test my simple PBIX file in your Desktop.

Regards,
Lydia

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.