Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

mohammadyousaf
Helper III
Helper III

Resetting entire report data on each Slicer selection

I have few items listed with in the Radio Button Slicer, so when I click one item to another, it doesn't reset the data and keeps the previous selection of charts and graphs which is basically misleading. 

Is there anyway to reset the entire report when changing the slicer itme.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mohammadyousaf 

(1) Is there a relationship between the fields referenced by the slicer and the fields in your chart ? If the two fields have nothing to do with each other, then changing the options in the slicer will definitely not affect the chart.

(2)Do you turn on the interaction between your slicer and charts ? Only when two items can interact with each other can the slicer be used to filter the data .If your interaction is None , slicer will not work .

Ailsamsft_0-1631514903961.png

Ailsamsft_1-1631514903962.png

Please follow my above-mentioned situation for troubleshooting. If it is still not resolved in the end, please provide the corresponding pbix file for reference.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mohammadyousaf 

Has your problem been solved ? If it has been solved, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mohammadyousaf 

(1) Is there a relationship between the fields referenced by the slicer and the fields in your chart ? If the two fields have nothing to do with each other, then changing the options in the slicer will definitely not affect the chart.

(2)Do you turn on the interaction between your slicer and charts ? Only when two items can interact with each other can the slicer be used to filter the data .If your interaction is None , slicer will not work .

Ailsamsft_0-1631514903961.png

Ailsamsft_1-1631514903962.png

Please follow my above-mentioned situation for troubleshooting. If it is still not resolved in the end, please provide the corresponding pbix file for reference.

Best Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@mohammadyousaf it depends on what table is used for the slicer? How it is connected to other tables that you are using the visual. Without knowing the data model, it is very hard to answer. Read this post to get your answer quickly.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.