Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mwadhwani
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Reset button to reset visual at specfic level while drilling

Hello Experts,

I have created a report in which bar graph showcase Metric value against DateTime Hierarchy(Year->Quarter->Month->Day->Hour->Minute).

On X-axis I have user hierarchy i.e DateTime, on y-axis metric.

I have drill down functionality enabled. I want a button, when clicked will always show data at month level.

Right now if I save report at drilling till month level and publish it to Power Bi Service, it shows data at month level.But when I drill it to Hour level(in Power BI Service) then I wanted a reset button which should reset the visual to month level.

I dont know whether its feasible or not? Please suggest me if there is any way or workaround to achieve this functionality.

Thanks in advance!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mwadhwani,

In your scenario, as you save the report drill through to month level, once you drill up/down to another level, you can just refresh the browser page, it will display drill through to month level as original version. If you do not save the report after you change drill through level, every time you refresh the browser page, it will back to the saved status.  

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mwadhwani,

In your scenario, as you save the report drill through to month level, once you drill up/down to another level, you can just refresh the browser page, it will display drill through to month level as original version. If you do not save the report after you change drill through level, every time you refresh the browser page, it will back to the saved status.  

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you @v-qiuyu-msft for the help.

Its working ..!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @mwadhwani,

Can't you make a slicer with a button "Month"that when you click it, it will automatically show on Month level.

(I have'nt tried it myself, so just an idea)

L.Meijdam

Thanks @Anonymous for the reply.

I tried it by creating slicer but drill level does not show the data at month level.

I mean if I drill to Hour and then I select Month from slicer it shows Hour Vs Metric for all the months of all years aggregated, it doesen't get drilled up automatically to month level.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.