Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Remove rows conditional

Hi,

How can I create a NEW table with :

NameStatusDate
AS11/1/2018
AS21/15/2018
AS33/7/2018
BS12/3/2018
BS24/2/2018
CS16/1/2018

How can I remove all the rows containing the status of "S3"? The O/P should be (in a new table as I want to retain both) :-

NameStatusDate
BS12/3/2018
BS24/2/2018
CS16/1/2018
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous following dax for new table

New Table = 
CALULATETABLE ( YourTableName, YourTableName[Status] <> "S3" )

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop shop for Power BI related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

harshnathani
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can create a new Table.

Table 2 =
VAR a =
    CALCULATETABLE (
        VALUES ( 'Table'[Name] ),
        'Table'[Status] = "S3"
    )
VAR b =
    VALUES ( 'Table'[Name] )
VAR c =
    EXCEPT (
        b,
        a
    )
RETURN
    CALCULATETABLE (
        'Table',
        'Table'[Name]
            IN c
    )

Regards,

Harsh Nathani

Appreciate with a Kudos!! (Click the Thumbs Up Button)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

@Anonymous , This might have been resolved already by the last two updates. Posting As I created a file in between. Please find the file after the signature.

5 REPLIES 5
harshnathani
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can create a new Table.

Table 2 =
VAR a =
    CALCULATETABLE (
        VALUES ( 'Table'[Name] ),
        'Table'[Status] = "S3"
    )
VAR b =
    VALUES ( 'Table'[Name] )
VAR c =
    EXCEPT (
        b,
        a
    )
RETURN
    CALCULATETABLE (
        'Table',
        'Table'[Name]
            IN c
    )

Regards,

Harsh Nathani

Appreciate with a Kudos!! (Click the Thumbs Up Button)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous following dax for new table

New Table = 
CALULATETABLE ( YourTableName, YourTableName[Status] <> "S3" )

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop shop for Power BI related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @parry2k ,

This will remove the Status of "S3". However, I want to remove all the names that have the status of "S3". In our example, since Name - A has S3 status, it should not populate at all.

@Anonymous , This might have been resolved already by the last two updates. Posting As I created a file in between. Please find the file after the signature.

@Anonymous got it, try this

Table 2 = 
VAR __table = CALCULATETABLE ( VALUES ( Data[Name] ), Data[Status] = "S3" )
RETURN CALCULATETABLE ( Data, EXCEPT ( VALUES ( Data[Name] ), __table ) )

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.