Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

K4rL0L
Frequent Visitor

Power Bi Offline Viewer

Hey,

the newly implemented PDF export is nice but it takes away scrolling and highlighting visuals and the corresponding changes in other visuals as well as slicer control.
Is there some sort of offline viewer for Power BI or is that only possible in the premium version?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@K4rL0L,

It is not possible to interact in the exported report. The exported report is a snapshot of Power BI report. 

You can submit a feature request in Power BI ideas forum.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@K4rL0L,

Do you use Export to PDF feature in Power BI Desktop August version? If so, what type of offline viewer do you refer to? 

As per this online article, during the export process, all interaction with the report being exported is disabled. The only way to interact with the report is to wait until the export process completes, or to cancel the export. When the export completes, the PDF is loaded into the default PDF viewer on the computer.

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for your answer @v-yuezhe-msft.

I probably should have been clearer, my bad. I was wondering if there is a Power BI viewer in general. So i can just give someone my report and they can interact with it, highlight visuals scroll tables etc but not be able to actually change the report. They wouldn't be able to see measures or calculated columns or tables at all, just the visuals. I am wondering if something like that exists.

It would be something similar to the newly implemented PDF export (august update) but with the ability to scroll and highlight visuals to see how other visuals change. I didn't mean interacting with the report in Power BI desktop while it exports but interacting with the exported file itself, sorry if that wasn't clear. The PDF looses all of that unfortunately. So basically i would need to create a seperate report for PDF export to show the information that i lost without the interaction and generally design it differently.

The problem i am facing is that some clients don't want their data to be in the cloud, no matter what. Doesn't matter what certificates the cloud has or where it is located they just don't want that. So i can't use the Power BI service. Power BI Premium is just too expensive for small businesses. So i am stuck somewhere in the middle.

I hope this was clearer 🙂
Thanks for your help

@K4rL0L,

It is not possible to interact in the exported report. The exported report is a snapshot of Power BI report. 

You can submit a feature request in Power BI ideas forum.

Regards,
Lydia

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, 

can't we still have interactive presentations without opening Power Bi apps ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.