Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

biswad
Helper I
Helper I

Power BI dashboard publishing options

Hi Friends,

Our organisation is currently considering buy licence for power BI pro. We are not for profit organisation and most of our employees are working voluntarily. We have 12 Region where we have more than 150 Branch where each Branch has Officials in it. We have a report which is Branch and regional Dashboard report. I can restrict the data using RLS in branch level using their email ID and the branch they fall under. We have a SharePoint page where I have embed the power BI dashboard . So once a user login it identify its login id , match with the email table and show the filtered data based on the branch they belongs to. All of this means user need to have a Power BI pro licence and buying 200 licence will cost us a lot even though we get some discount from Microsoft due to not for profit organisation(education).  We want only 5 pro licence and share the dashboard among non pro licence users(free users) . I have done that with webpage embed option and embed the link in our SharePoint page but on that case it breach our data security as any one can view it and also it has a link to share the dashboard outside the organisation.  Is there any option where I can share my dashboard and also restrict my data based on RLS among power bi free users?

Any suggestion would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Das

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @biswad,

Actually it is not possbile to meet your requirement currently. There is an idea about that, you can vote it up.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @biswad,

Actually it is not possbile to meet your requirement currently. There is an idea about that, you can vote it up.

Regards,

Frank

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi @biswad,

Does that make sense? If so, kindly mark my answer as a solution to close the case.

Regards,
Frank

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.