Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

nbs33
Helper II
Helper II

Power BI Desktop Business Central syncs online but not with desktop

Hi,

I inherited a Power BI data model and am working on making some updates. It uses the Business Central connector and syncs fine online, but when I download the pbix file and try to refresh, the connection times out. It is the web based version of Business Central.

I get the following error after about a half hour of loading:

OLE DB or ODBC error: [DataSource.Error] Dynamics365BusinessCentral: Request failed: The underlying connection was closed: The connection was closed unexpectedly..

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nbs33 ,

Please review the content in the following links which have similar problem with you and check whether their solution can help you resolve the problem.

The request failed. The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive  (Solution: Upgrade the TLS version of your Power BI application to TLS 1.2 )

Power BI Service D365 ODATA Refhresh Timeout (Check the message 7 from @Alarik )

OData feed D365 Connection Error

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@nbs33 , Is there any ip whitelisting is needed for that(By Dynamics365BusinessCentral)? I doubt power bi service ips are already whitelisted and your ip (desktop) do not have access

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.