Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

vrocca
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Plotting values across days and time

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has some ideas/suggestions on a way to visualize the number of x occurences by Day and Time, with the goal of easily seeing the intersection where most occurences occur (i.e. X event happens most often on Fridays at 6PM). 

I was thinking of a scatter chart, but I can't put non-aggregatable values on my X , Y axis. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Thanks,
Victor Rocca | www.victorrocca.com
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

You can use R but you would not get that slice & dice of the data interactivity.

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

You can use R but you would not get that slice & dice of the data interactivity.

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

Thanks Bhavesh. I was thinking I may have to go down that route as well, though I'm not as familiar with R so it may prove more challenging.

Below is a screenshot of how the data is currently visualized in a different tool. From this chart, you can easily spot the day and time when most events occur.

Days-Hours.png

Thanks,

Victor

Thanks,
Victor Rocca | www.victorrocca.com

Hi vrocca,

Have you checked the calendar visual in Visual Gallery?

Calendar Visual

Which would show the date in a calendar format, and display the values in color. Check the article and see if it would help here.

Regards

spuder
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Hi vrocca,

I'm not sure if I understood you right.

But I suggest to use a simple line chart. Extract Weekday and hour from your DateTime Values and count the values.

The result should be something like that.

You can even add a hierarchy to drill from the day to day/hour level.

Don't be irritated by the names of the days. It is German language. Smiley Happy

line chart order count by day/hourline chart order count by day/hour

Greetings

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.