Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

darynv_za
Advocate I
Advocate I

Pivot - can it be

Hi

Please tell me it's an oversight or that I am just clueless, but the simple option to create an Excel like pivot is missing from PowerBI. I have been tasked with recreating a pivot without having to take my dataset out of the system, then dumping it into Excel to create a simple thing like a pivot where we can control the rows, columns and grouping? I have a dataset with incidents in a call logging system and need to report on  per day, by support group as well as the person in the group under that. Right now I can concatenate the Group and person to get SORT OF what I need, but this is not pretty as the alignment is completely out.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Matrix2.JPG

You need to make sure you are using the 'Expand All down one level in the hierarchy' option (3rd icon in on the left) to get the Teams and members.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
robofski
Resolver II
Resolver II

Have you looked at the Matrix visual that should give you what you need.

I have tried this, unfortunately when you have more than one item in the Rows attribute, it does not create a step down (like I am sure it used to) but forces you do drill down. I would like to be able to see the support team, and then each staff member under that at a quick glance.

Is this not the kind of thing you are trying to produce?

Matrix.JPG

Yes, that is what I want to achieve however, I would like to have the date as well as number of tickets in the details. So I would like Date to be a header. below, but as you can see, when doing this I lose the next level

pivot.PNG

This is what I can do inexcel, and is basically what I need to see

truepivot.PNG

Matrix2.JPG

You need to make sure you are using the 'Expand All down one level in the hierarchy' option (3rd icon in on the left) to get the Teams and members.

Many thanks kind sir, seems I missed that one 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.