Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Mana_786
Frequent Visitor

Row Level security

Hi All,

Am new with PBI I have problem with row level security.The scenario is like this I made monthly report from sales actual Target and last year sales Now I want to share this repot with other people With CFO CEO And all area managers .I want that CEO CFO can see whole report but Area manager can see only his area report .Do I need to make seprate report For Every Area or what should I do ?

It would be nice if somebody can guide me in detail.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Salvador
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi,

I assume you have a pbi file with multiple sheets, as the one I have.

You would have 2 solutions,

1) Create a pbi file with the report for the managers, and other for the users with full access, you can use the main report as source data to create the new ones.(Just in case there are things that you dont want the area managers to see), check this post 😄 http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Master-report-amp-subreport-question/m-p/203814#M89694

2) Create a dashboard for managers and another one for the "vips", but be aware that from the dashboard, users can access the report, and from there, navigate and find more info. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Salvador
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi,

You should use Row Level Security, and there, create the different roles, with different permissions for each role.

In my case, for example, I have one role with full visibility (No filters applied), and then one role for each area manager, with its respective filters.1.png

Hi ,

Perfect I undestand this point I made diffrent role for diffrent Area managers And I Also checked on web portal through security from data set. I saw the Area manager form Area A Can only see the sales from area A But I dont understand How can I share with them The specfic Area A report taht He can only see Area A sales Not other Do  I need to share Through dashboard or only Report ?

Thanks

Salvador
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi,

I assume you have a pbi file with multiple sheets, as the one I have.

You would have 2 solutions,

1) Create a pbi file with the report for the managers, and other for the users with full access, you can use the main report as source data to create the new ones.(Just in case there are things that you dont want the area managers to see), check this post 😄 http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Master-report-amp-subreport-question/m-p/203814#M89694

2) Create a dashboard for managers and another one for the "vips", but be aware that from the dashboard, users can access the report, and from there, navigate and find more info. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.