Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Mohammadwazeri
Helper II
Helper II

Parameter In Slicer Work In The Report In Power BI Services But Doesn't Work In Power BI Desktop

Hi Guys,

A collegue created a report in Autgust updated version(he still has August version in his PC and the repor works in his PC), and he uploaded on the Power BI Services, it works fine.

But I have September updated version PowerBI Desktop in my PC, when I download the report the PARAMETER in the SLICER doesn't work.

I also tried to upload it back to the Services it worked fine.

I am wondering if there is any difference between the August and September updated versions that's causing this issue?

ANY THOUGHTS OR IDEA WOULD BE APPRECIATED!

Thank you so much in advance.

Mohammad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mohammadwazeri 

I don't see update about parameter in the latest feature summary blog Power BI September 2022 Feature Summary

Which kind of paramter do you use in the slicer? Do you use the Field parameter? If so, field parameter is still a preview feature at present which requries you to enable it from File > Options and settings > Options > Preview features before you can use it in Power BI Desktop. 

If it's not the field parameter, can you provide steps on how to create the parameter? I need this info to try to reproduce this problem on my computer. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mohammadwazeri 

I don't see update about parameter in the latest feature summary blog Power BI September 2022 Feature Summary

Which kind of paramter do you use in the slicer? Do you use the Field parameter? If so, field parameter is still a preview feature at present which requries you to enable it from File > Options and settings > Options > Preview features before you can use it in Power BI Desktop. 

If it's not the field parameter, can you provide steps on how to create the parameter? I need this info to try to reproduce this problem on my computer. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

@v-jingzhang 

Thnak you so much, it's working now, it was field parameter.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.