Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sankeytmehta
Helper II
Helper II

Need help on query editor issue as its not showing errors

I have downloaded latest version of Power BI. I loaded data from csv files to query editor. One of the file has empty rows. So as per query editor documentation and the udemy tutorial, query editor shows green/red bar in between data rows and header. But in my system i am not seeing that green bar.

As per document - Document (marked with black arrows)

In My system - My system (marked with black arrows)

Also, as per udemy tutorial, when we hover the mouse over the columns it shows a information box. In that box we can see the stats like valid % error %, empty % and remove empty row. But I am not seeing that as well in my system.

Tutorial - Tutorial 

Need help on both the issues. Or pointer to any document, link, settings. Any help will be really appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

HI @sankeytmehta ,

Not sure then.

Please close the thread and mark a solution as this is someting happenieng at your end.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

View solution in original post

My OS version was older, due to which i was not able to see the column quality,  distribution, profile options, error indicator - green/red. I did system format and then loaded windows 10. After that installed Power BI desktop again from Microsoft website. Now the issue is resolved.

powerbiqueryeditor.PNG

Thanks!

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @sankeytmehta ,

Regarding the GREEN bar issue, not sure why that's happening at your end. I have got JULY 2020 Power BI update and see it at my end:

Pragati11_0-1595524032622.png

For the second issue go to Query Editor --> View and do as shown below to view column stats:

Pragati11_1-1595524137539.png

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Hi,

Why I am not able to see the column profile in query editor any idea? Can some one share the path of exe file used to download the powerBI. I had downloaded and installed powerbi 2 times from here

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=58494

My query editor is not showing these options - Query editor 

Thanks!

hi  @sankeytmehta 

From this screenshot, it is old version in power bi, please check what is your version for this power bi desktop

12.JPG

and we also download the power bi desktop in here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=58494

please uninstall the version and download and install again.

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

IMG_20200724_162557__01.jpg

Is it related to preview features options?

Hi @sankeytmehta ,

There is nothing in Preview Features related to this.

Try Query Editor option as shown below. This is what I have got at my end, not sure if it makes a difference though.

Pragati11_0-1595588561169.png

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

IMG_20200724_173405__01__01.jpg

At my end these are the options available. Not sure these are different as well. 

Looks like I am getting this issue - https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Preview-Features-missing/m-p/414222

Not sure why the fetures are missing even I have the latest version.

Hi @sankeytmehta ,

This thread is related to the missing of Preview Features in Power BI Report Server.

Are you using Power BI report server?

Can you share your power bi file?

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

The PBIX file and dataset - File and dataset 

The exe file uploaded in case anyone wants to install on their machine and see if they are getting same issue. PBIDesktop64 exe file 

Will delete the exe file once issue is resolved.

HI @sankeytmehta ,

I opened your POwer BI file and I see the options at my end. See below:

Pragati11_0-1595599833280.png

Pragati11_1-1595599870007.png

There is definitely something wrong at your end.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Thanks for all the help. Yes definitely the issue is at my end but don't know what and why??

Hi @sankeytmehta ,

Hard to judge the issue as your file works perfectly fine at my end, shows everything.

Do one thing. Uninstall any power Bi desktop installation you have. Restart machine. Then install again from the microsoft store.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Will it be possible for you to share the exe file you're using? Thanks in advance!

Did that multiple times but still the same 🙄

HI @sankeytmehta ,

Not sure then.

Please close the thread and mark a solution as this is someting happenieng at your end.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Recently, I faced the same issue i.e., the "power query editor is not showing errors". I found the problem with me is that I am using an "old" version of Microsoft (i.e., version 19).  Anyone with the recent version can follow the steps below to resolve the issue: 1) go to the View tab on the ribbon, and 2) enable the Column quality in the Data preview group. I think they are part of the PQ Data Profiling Tools. Here is the link to the reference material Using the data profiling tools - Power Query | Microsoft Docs

But will I get any help from BI support?

My OS version was older, due to which i was not able to see the column quality,  distribution, profile options, error indicator - green/red. I did system format and then loaded windows 10. After that installed Power BI desktop again from Microsoft website. Now the issue is resolved.

powerbiqueryeditor.PNG

Thanks!

IMG_20200724_182124__01.jpg

I am using desktop only and not server. Also I'm using the latest version only. 

Hi @sankeytmehta ,

I am asking again, can you share your power bi file?

Also you have only one Power BI Desktop application on your machine right? YOu installed this on your machine from Microsoft Store right?

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.