Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Clear all slicer selection when single select is enabled

Hi All,

Is there a way to clear all slicer selection when single select is enable? for all slicers?

I have tried to do this with the bookmark but i am not able to do that.

Thank you,
Abrarali Surti

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You may turn off the "Single select" under Selection controls in Format option, then you can make other selections in slicer visual.

Or you may use "Edit interactions" feature to choose which visuals to be filtered by one special visual. See more details: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-reports-visual-interactions.

Best Regards,

Amy

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
stayingdusty
Frequent Visitor

I realize this is quite old, but to help a bit here:

this configuration:

stayingdusty_0-1661047516991.png

will act for 99% of users like a single select that you can clear by "unselecting" it, and only if a user knows to hold the CTRL key will they be able to multi-select. This solved this problem for me, so just leaving this here in case it helps someone else. 

Super helpful! Solved the issue I was having. 

v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You may turn off the "Single select" under Selection controls in Format option, then you can make other selections in slicer visual.

Or you may use "Edit interactions" feature to choose which visuals to be filtered by one special visual. See more details: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-reports-visual-interactions.

Best Regards,

Amy

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Arul
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

When you select single select option in format pane, it will automatically clear all the filters in your filter visual.

Thanks,

-Arul

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

LinkedIn

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Arul 

image.png

I have the Unit slicer (with Single select enabled) i want to clear the "CardiovascularIntensivercareUnit" so that i can select other units.

I don't think theres a way to do it... but if there are multiple visuals, you can set this filter to work on all visuals, and the other filters you can set them to only work on some of the other visuals. That can be done by selecting the filter you dont want to work on a particular visual, going to the format tab and using edit interactions. That's the only way I was able to solve a similar problem

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.