Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

kiranmayiyl
Regular Visitor

.NET Jit debugger error when launching powerbi

Note that my powr BI is a virtual application.

Here is the whole JIT debugger text.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException (0x80004005): External component has thrown an exception.
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetResource(RuntimeAssembly assembly, String resourceName, UInt64& length, StackCrawlMarkHandle stackMark, Boolean skipSecurityCheck)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetManifestResourceStream(String name, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean skipSecurityCheck)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetManifestResourceStream(String name)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.ClientShared.PluggableProtocol.AssemblyPluggableProtocolResourceLoader.TryGetResourceStream(String relativeUrl, Stream& stream)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.ClientShared.PluggableProtocol.DefaultProtocolRequestHandler.TryGetThemedStyleSheet(String relativeUrl, Stream& stream)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.ClientShared.PluggableProtocol.DefaultProtocolRequestHandler.TryHandleRequest(Uri requestUri, String queryString, String& contentType, Stream& stream)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.ClientShared.PluggableProtocol.PluggableProtocolManager.PluggableProtocol.Start(String szURL, IInternetProtocolSink Sink, IInternetBindInfo pOIBindInfo, UInt32 grfPI, UInt32 dwReserved)

3 REPLIES 3
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @kiranmayiyl,

What do you mean about "my power BI is a virtual application"? Could you be more precisely with your issue?Smiley Happy

Regards

I created a App-V package of power BI (using application virtualization sequencer) and deployed it instead of installing Power BI on my machine. 

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/itpro/mdop/appv-v5/about-app-v-51 

Hi @kiranmayiyl,

Here is similar thread about sequencing Microsoft Power BI Desktop using App-V. Could you go to check if it helps?Smiley Happy

In addition, as the issue seems more relate to Application Virtualization(App-V), I would suggest that you also post it on the Application Virtualization(App-V) Forum for better assistance on this issue.

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.